From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2008 05:29:59 -0500
Paleogal wrote:

> My point is this, these runners are outside in fresh air, doing a circuit
> training. They're not running as we do.  There are numerous people out
> running on the street with the traffic and air pollutants or on a treadmill
> in the gym.  Most don't have nature trails on which to run, no rivers to
> cross, or hills/mountains to scramble up.

Most people don't eat paleo, either.  They *could*, they just choose not
to.  It's the same with running.  If people want to run in a natural
environment, odds are they can.  I've only lived in three cities (Los
Angelos California, Dallas Texas, and Springfield Missouri).  But in all
three of them, I could run in nature.  Springfield and Dallas both have
nature centers with trails, and LA had beaches and national parks (maybe
nature centers, too -- I never bothered looking).  All of those were
free for the public to use.

> We'll agree to disagree. Oliva

I don't disagree with you.  Running in the environment you describe is
probably doing people more harm than good.  I just think the problem is
more the environment than the running itself.

--
  Robert Kesterson