From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 13:15:46 MDT
Justin wrote...

>Just for the record, almost (all) of the the pioneers, great thinkers, etc
>of the
>world were either atheist, deist, agnostic, or one of the other religions
>that encourage independent thought.

I won't go too far with this (for obvious reasons) but you raise a
point
that cracks me up.  Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson and other great
Americans
fit into the deist category.  They hardly whapped people over the head
with
a Bible, but many Christians talk 'til the cows come home about "the
faith
of our Founding Fathers".  To compare our "founders" to the likes of
Pat
Robertson and Jerry Falwell is laughable at best.  And thank God (pun
itended, I suppose) THEY weren't the ones who founded our nation!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO