From:
Andrea Hughett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:31:38 -0800
--- H James Rhodes <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Anyway, I've found it fairly easy to stay with the
> paleofood diet
> except that I do love my coffee - with just a little
> raw sugar and
> heavy whipping cream - two or three times a day.
> I've been worried
> that maybe I was sabotaging my diet that way but at
> least it seems that
> coffee may be a paleofood.  What do you think?

Interesting.  Actually, I had decided to not worry
about my indulgence in one cup of coffee a day, just
cut out the sweetener and cream...but after a week or
two of paleo-eating and tea-drinking, I discovered I
didn't LIKE coffee any more.

I suppose it's just as well, except that I had found
over a couple years of various diets that when we ate
out and everyone else was having dessert, I could
order coffee and neither feel deprived, indulge in a
ruinous confection, nor sit there twiddling my fork
while everyone else ate.  So now that coffee is no
longer a treat, I'm not sure what will take its place.

Andrea