From:
"Aaron D. Wieland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 13:07:19 -0500
Amadeus wrote:
>Or course that's an average per day, and if a whole liver is eaten
>on one day fresh, there should be a long enough pause after.
>At about 10 times or more of the days recommendation, vitamin-a will become
toxic,
>from altering the bones to death.

According to Udo Erasmus, there isn't a single documented case of
vitamin A
toxicity, with the possible exception of some artic explorers who
became ill
after eating a polar bear liver.

>I also recall that with some hunters (inuit) eating
>liver was even taboo (probably as protection from that problem).

I've never heard of this taboo.  According to what I've read, raw seal
liver
was greatly prized and eaten regularly.  Intestines were taboo to
apprentice
angakoks (shamans), but that's something else entirely.

Cheers,
-- Aaron Wieland