Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 08:41:02 -0700
I am convinced that alcohol in volume is not paleo.  I am also convinced that the purported health benefits of red wine are overstated.  For instance, it takes many glasses of wine to get sufficient resveratrol.

I don't care.   I drink wine because I want to and am willing to pay the cost.  But rather than being a daily drinker, I have evolved into more of a collector only drinking very nice bottles every month or two.

Regarding carbs, I wouldn't worry about the sugar content of a port or a sauternes.  I mean, how much do you plan on downing?

Oh, and most good sherries are in fact dry.  At least your olorosos, finos, amontillados -- the kind you consume with tapas.

Jim Swayze
www.fireholecanyon.com