From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 20:28:12 -0800
>>> I spoke with Sally Fallon of the Weston A. Price Foundation yesterday on
>> this.  She said (and I trust her) that humans cannot eat grass; the
>> chlorophyl (sp?) makes us sick.  Herbivores can (and must) eat grass, but
>> herbivores we ain't.
>
>Well this doesn't sound right either.  If chlorophyll made us
>sick, we wouldn't be able to eat greens at all.  The problem is
>that we can't digest cellulose, and in grass there's not much
>else happening.

Many peoples have been doing wheat or barley grass juice with lot of benefit
.
I had my self juiced in my mouth big quantities of couch grass and enjoyed
it a lot ( kind of licorice taste)  it feel very energising in fact.corn
sprout is very tasty too.  I stopped doing it because in my land now grass
is rare ( it is all forested)
Nibbling on herbs and medicinal plants or even just smelling aromatics herbs
have proved it self very therapeutic and helpfull to peoples eating
instinctively.Minutes amount of some of those plants are very efficient to
maintain homeostasis ( deep satisfaction feeling)
It will be too bad to deprive yourself of any natural foods on the basis
that they prove themslves to be harmfull in quantity or at time .
It is why we have an instinct to decide what is good to eat and what is not
at  any given time .
nothing is written on stone!

jean-claude