From:
"Day, Wally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 2009 11:21:38 -0600
>The pemmican with cherries would not be considered zero carb.

A question for all you zero-carbers. Do any of you engage in vigorous, extended activities (like running, cycling, etc.)?

Currently, I put in 20+ miles/32+ kilos per day on my bicycle (one day last week it was closer to double that when I had to "rescue" my stranded son after the radiator hose cracked in his jeep. Ha! Dad had to come to the rescue on his bicycle :) Anyway, I've tried zero, or almost zero, carbs in the past, and I find it *not* very conducive to cycling at a very fast pace.  So, is it just a matter of adapting to it over a long period of time, or what? Or, is the zero-carb lifestyle just naturally more sedentary (the Innuit and others aren't known for chasing down game all day long, and I know William claims to do no exercise).

For the folks who have purchased the US Wellness pemmican (I have no time to make my own) - does the Cherry version list carbs on the package? I'd really like to try some after one of my weigh-lifting workouts.