From:
"Day, Wally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2014 20:28:41 +0000
>[Jim] Interesting.  So you’re saying that there are groups of people, mostly non-European (but some Europeans as well), >who have evolved to the point where they *require* grains and/or beans and/or dairy in order to be healthy?  That’s a new >thought to me.  I’ve always assumed that anyone can thrive on a base paleo diet and that some populations *may* be able >to add non-paleo foods to varying degrees of success.

Hope nobody minds me jumping in here.

I would like someone (Ron?) to explain to me how canines, who have produced several times as many generations as humans over the same timeframe, have not had their basic dietary requirements change. There are some breeds alive today that cannot even reproduce without intervention by humans, but still eat the same basic diet as their wolf relatives. And, this becomes even more questionable considering we humans have been feeding them *our* Neolithic food scraps all this time.

Why would we change yet they (apparently) did not?