From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 19:36:11 -1000
Maybe someone can help me out on this.

We've baked a few chickens and the first one had absolutely great skin, but
subsequently the skin has come out pretty inedible, leathery. What did we
do the first time that we didn't the other times? We simply put the bird
whole in the oven at 350 for an hour or so on each occasion. So why was the
skin crackly and melting one time and like papyrus (no, I don't know how
papayrus actually is ;)) the next?

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft