Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 17:04:10 -0700
At 08:04 AM 02/06/2001 -0700, Dori Zook wrote:
>Todd wrote:
>
>>I believe she is particularly enthusiastic about soy.
>
>Yeah, that was mentioned in the Time review.  One of these days, pinko
>liberal

This is funny!  Back around Christmas time a self-proclaimed health food
doctor, Bob Martin, who has a weekend radio talk show used very similar words
to describe those he thought were out to ruin his way of life.  I don't recall
the news article he was reading but he assured his listeners that "Commie
pinko
liberals" were out to warp

>vegetarians' brains and breasts

and lives and everything else he held sacred. I emailed him to point out that
liberals are the ones most likely to support his freedom of choice in is
eating
habits (surprise!). I also told him that I found him so closed mind,
politically conservative and insanely sweeping in his judgement (which doesn't
sound healthy to *me*) that I wasn't going to listen to his show any more--and
I haven't. I sure couldn't trust him--why waste my time? I've had the last
laugh, too, as the station he was on locally has switched to "Classic Country"
music, which I don't listen to either.

You, Dori, go on to say...

>will start rotting and dropping off
>(or oozing out of their ears in the case of brains) but even then, they'll
>try to blame it on beef or something.  I know, I know, that's harsh

Well, once they're gone that leaves more room for *us*, huh?

>but that's my point.

No, I think your point is--or I wish you had limited yourself to this IMO
excellent, concrete criticism of the *real* pushers of the poison...

>Tofu is NOT good for you but, thanks to the lobbying and
>propaganda efforts of soy producers, it's turned into the new millenium's
>answer to manna.  Well, it ain't.  Thank God I stumbled on the truth.

Let's hope that everyone else, regardless of their political persuasion, finds
out what you did before their health is further effected.

Finally as a politically progressive person (you know, one of those people
Democrat Party leaders hate since they can't bring themselves to excoriate
people who actually voted for GWBush), I hope I'm allowed to stay on the
list...

>Dori Zook
>Denver, CO

Debby Stark