From:
Holly Krahe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 19:45:36 EDT
In a message dated 07/27/2000 7:32:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  However, where I live, in Toledo, Ohio, local organic
>  produce is hard to come by and often very expensive.  The shipped in stuff
>  is often not fresh but very pricey.

I have found it possible and economical to raise some of my own produce - in
containers and window boxes (due to problems with Florida soil).  Especially
cherry tomatoes, baby salad greens, midget beets and carrots, herbs etc.

Also great fruits - mangoes, calamandins, oranges, avocadoes - and I don't
have a big yard (just crowded).  I just grew the most wonderful pineapple (by
accident) and it's great knowing that you are eating unsprayed and perfectly
fresh stuff!

Holly