From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 21:16:38 -0400
On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Dori Zook wrote:

> I started 1/1/98 at 255 pounds, size 24.  In less than a year on Atkins, I
> went to 205, size 16 or 18, depending on the style.  I starting lifting
> weights to help things along and put on ten pounds but my size remained the
> same, so I still tell people I lost 50 pounds.  I've been at or around 215
> for a year and a half now.  My booty just don't wanna budge!  Insert swear
> word here.

Well, okay, I was off by a few pounds.  But this makes your
caloric deficit even more severe, putting it into the starvation
range.

> Todd, my goal is 175!  If I remember correctly, by the Eades calculation
> method (from book #1) my 'ideal' weight is 154-165.  Ten pounds over my
> ideal?

At some point, you'll want to get a body fat measurement done, so
that you have a clearer picture of what's going on.  But working
with dress size is a good surrogate.

> As for calories, I forgot to mention that I won't hold to 1200-1400 seven
> days a week!  I think an occasional increase (i.e. one or two meals a week
> in which I have a little fun and eat a little more than normal) would keep
> the Goddess of Metabolism guessing and serve me well.

At 215 lbs. you should be able to lose weight readily at 2400
cal/day.  Well, I'm sure you've been down that road, but I just
hope that if there is any magic in Anchell's diet it is not
negated by the starvation calories.

Todd Moody