Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 19:38:54 -0400
Wally wondered about the relationship between minerals leeched from water
and heart palpitations.

My response:
Naturally dissolved minerals in water are apparently very well absorbed.
From all I've read, the water consumed by healthy primitive people in
isolated areas is very rich in minerals, from the run off from mineral rich
glaciers, for example.

If you are using water filtered through a Reverse Osmosis system, I suggest
adding back natural trace minerals.  This can be done with a product from a
health food store called, ConcenTrace.  You can add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of
this per day to a large bottle or jug or pitcher of water that is devoid of
minerals.  It adds a great taste, to balance the flat taste of RO water,
while adding important trace minerals, and often enourages people to drink
more water.  The mineral taste is actually slightly sweet if you are atuned
to it..

I don't sell ConcenTrace, I just recommend that it be used in conjunction
with RO water.

Rachel Matesz
Healthy Cooking Coach,
Freelance Food & Health Writer