From:
Kirk Kleinschmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:32:25 -0800
Lynnet:

Despite my reluctance to "push" pills, potions and lotions, let me suggest dramatically upping your vitamin D3 intake (the dry stuff in capsules...and not the oil-based stuff).

Until two years ago, and for the past 15 years, I was essentially sick all the time...but worse in the Minnesota winters. I had colds, sinus crap, bronchitis, etc, pretty much constantly. My doctor checked my vitamin D3 blood levels, found them to be low and suggested that I take 2000 IU/day of vitamin D. Because I had been taking that much each day for the previous two years, I upped it to 10,000 IU/day (after doing some of my own research).

The results? I haven't been sick a *single day* since. Not even a sniffle.

I suggested that my SO try it, and she had the same results. Other than her allergies and asthma, she hasn't been sick with colds, flu, sinus, etc.

Same thing with my mom, who tried the regimen as well. Previously plagued with sinus crud and bronchitis, she's been illness free for 1.5 years now.

It *might* not be paleo, but it keeps people from getting sick. Remember -- just because it's paleo, doesn't mean it's good for you or that it can't be improved upon!

If I would have discovered this a few years earlier it would have dramatically changed my life.

Just my $.02

Good luck!

--Kirk in MN

P.S. For research, google "vitamin D council" and follow the research links....