From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 19:22:12 -0500
>Rick:
>What?? You have not read the book but you are dismissing the book as
>unscientific??  It is loaded with science albeit tempered to a lay audience;
>did you miss the reference to the fact that there are 20 pages of cites to
>the peer literature?  Why is there anything wrong with writing a book for
>the mass market?? Is that what you are saying or am I missing something?

Others on this mailing list said it was not as scientific as they would have
liked and you said that "I am speaking of those in the diet and fitness
industry who have no real understanding of the science who
promote some warped and inaccurate of an ostensibly paleo approach to diet."
What I said was that the book should probably have more science so those in
the fitness industry (and others) could get their facts straight about the
diet. If he had written it more thoroughly he could both include more
factual stuff to fully explain the raitonale plus less tehcnical stuff so to
appeal to a greater audience.

Marilyn