From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:50:54 +1000
At 14:22 +1000 15/4/1999, Katie Bretsch wrote:

>Remembering back to when I went veg for years

Well, the responses to my question have been most interesting. There seems
to be many people on this list who have been (or are) vegetarian.

I wonder if this is because the people on this list are very interested in
their health. When vegetarian was supposed to be healthy they adopted that
WOE, but now paleo eating is seen as more healthy, that diet was chosen?

I know this is my background.

>I also remember this transition entailing some adjustment, personally.

Indeed. I think the emotional and attitude changes are more difficult
than the physical adjustments.

>perhaps the folks who had the bad stories went from veg to McDonald's
>cheeseburgers or something

There's probably a smaller difference between a vegetarian meal and a
cheeseburger than a vegetarian meal and a paleo meal. The typical
vegetarian meal includes lots of grain and dairy.

 ...Richard.