From:
Jose Carlos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 03:12:58 -0500
Hi Susan:

As I woke up this morning (it's 5 AM here now) I had this on my mind: I
must give a response to Susan.

Maybe we have so many problems with foods because in the first place those
foods are in most cases produced by man (agriculture) and not gathered or
hunted. We are no longer eating the same items as the genuine paleo
people. Well, surely we are all aware of this limitation. Secondly, we
lead very different lifestyles. We are no longer immersed in nature. We
don't live in caves and are hardly exposed to the weather, but rather to
electromagnetism. We probably sleep less and "less well" (sorry if this is
bad English). We are more stressed. Briefly, we have forced our systems to
function in different ways and thereby we may have lost our power to
handle foods.

In modesty, perhaps we should acknowledge that we don't actually eat
paleo, but paleoish.

Thanks,

JC

PS. In my previous post, I think I made a wrong sentence re: ham etc. It
should read: "These hardly can be called paleo, let alone food."