From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 17:16:34 -0400
> If your reserves are
> low,  you will simply run out of glucose before it can be
> replenished from gluconeogenesis, and you will "run out of gas"
> during your workout.  I.e., you won't be able to do as many reps
> or sets as you otherwise could.

Todd, has that been your experience? Others on the list?

I have also heard about people who seem to do quite well in the gym
supposedly on very low carb, e.g. 30g per day, and wondered if that was just
a story or if it was true.

I guess runners or other endurance exercisers could function quite well on
very low carb in that those muscles are slow twitch and can be happy eating
fat and ketones rather than glycogen?

--Richard