From:
Courtney Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 06:50:04 -0800
I am the same way.  Before I came here, I had read Sugar Busters!, The
Glucose Revolution, and Sugar Blues by William Dufty.  Glucose Revolution
recommended a very high carb diet based on low glycemic carbs (their reason
for this was that for the past 10,000 years we have been eating this
way--the book fails to mention that long before, grains we not eaten in
abundance).  Anyway, eating so much carb but not eating the carb I wanted
really hightened my cravings. . .But I was worse than you.  After one week
of low Glycemic eating I went out and had my muffin, bagel, and scone.
Courtney

> I ate an organic grain, vegetable and fruit based diet
(lots of tubers
> and nuts:-), low fat, spicy Indian and Mexican stuff,
bland stuff too.
> No refined sugars.  In the end though (3-4 years maybe,
out of 13?),
> sugar cravings won out and I became a cookie monster.
They say that's