From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 19:06:38 CDT
>Philip Thrift wrote:
>One thought I had: is it possible people who feel this way are
>(like alcoholics) carboholics and this is a withdrawal symptom?

Food is a drug.  It is one of the most powerful drugs we put into our
bodies.  People who have been high carbing for years will initially
struggle
when they begin a low carb diet.  Their bodies are used to a glucose
based
fueling system.  It takes time for their bodies to adapt to a ketone
and
protein based fueling system.  For the average person switching over,
it's
going to take a week or two before their bodies adapt.  The transition
phase
usually sucks and people will have headaches and other withdrawal
symptoms.
I think it's definitely worth the switch though.  Sometimes things
have to
get worse (temporarily) before they can get better (permanently).

Justin Hasselman