From:
Lawrence Tagrin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2013 16:22:47 -0400
I first heard about the Neanderthin diet back in 1997 in a radio interview.
 I tried the diet, but fell off due to family pressure (you grew up eating
this, it can't be bad) and a lack of variety.  I tried again about a year
ago and found that the key to my staying on the diet was really learning to
cook.  I lost 40 lbs and have stayed at that level for over six months.
 Tonight I'm making salmon smoked with rosemary (which I grow myself),
kosher salt, and pink peppercorns.  The veggie dish will involve me
sauteing chipotle peppers and garlic in olive oil and then adding carrots
and broccoli.

So learning to cook well has allowed me to stay on the diet and reap its
benefits.