From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 08:53:19 +0100
On Apr 18, 2004, at 6:36 am, Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry wrote:

> any foods denatured or not original to the species ,   presented to an
> animal or human takes the risk for some reason to become addictive .
> choice is important if you give sinew to your chickens and worms i bet
> you
> they will not touch the sinew even if "uneducated ".

I can vouch for this- I am milk intolerant and I've always had cravings
for cheese.  I could eat it all day every day until a few weeks after I
went cheese cold turkey (now the sight of it repulses me).

Here is another twist on the idea.  I read somewhere that children who
are fussy eaters may be trying to avoid food they know they are
intolerant to.  As a child, my mum absolutely hated milk and could
hardly bear drinking it at school.  These days she starts the day off
with a whole pot of tea.  She says she needs the caffeine fix, but I
reckon it's a milk fix.

I was the same with milk as a child, but my mum used to give it to me
with banana flavoured Nesquik (can't remember how you spell it).  So if
I had a defense mechanism against milk, it was defeated trojan horse
style.