From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 13:17:58 -0600
Called yesterday to get the Omega 3 content of canned Honey Boy brand Pink
Salmon And Honey Boy Red Salmon.  The guy I talked to said their info comes
from the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute, and he faxed me the page.
Since wild salmon is a natural product, the Omega 3 content varies from fish
to fish, so the numbers for Omega 3 and Calcium are averages.  The canned
pink is about half the cost of the red, which makes it the best deal on both
fronts, it looks.

All figures per 100 grams /3.5 oz serving
Product / Omega 3 / Calcium

Canned Pink Salmon   1.65 g   213 mg

Canned Sockeye/Red Salmon   1.15 g   239 mg

______________________________

The following info was also included.  Looks like the fillets refer to fresh
fish since the calcium content is much lower than in the canned w/edible
bones.

Canned Chunk Light Tuna   0.27 g   11 mg

Canned White Tuna   0.86 g   14 mg

King (Chinook) Salmon Fillet  1.73 g   28 mg

Pink Salmon Fillet   1.28 g   17 mg

Sockeye (Red) Salmon Fillet   1.23 g   7 mg

Coho (Silver) Salmon Fillet   1.05 g   45 mg

Keta (Chum) Salmon Fillet   0.85 g   14 mg

Theola