From:
June Kamerling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2012 16:51:12 -0800
Just got this in my e-mail.
Lots of Paleo yummm.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Balanced Bites | Holistic & Paleo Nutrition Education <
Date: Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Subject: [New post] Holiday Recipe Round-Up
To: [log in to unmask]

**
  Diane Sanfilippo posted: " I'm reposting this for 2012, updated with a
bunch of new additions! Enjoy! I've had a few requests for some holiday
recipes and while I haven't made new ones this year, I have a bunch on the
blog already that could use some highlighting. If you haven't"
      New post on *Balanced Bites | Holistic & Paleo Nutrition
Education*
<http://balancedbites.com/?author=1>  Holiday Recipe
Round-Up<http://balancedbites.com/2012/11/holiday-recipe-roundup.html>
by
Diane Sanfilippo <http://balancedbites.com/?author=1>

<http://balancedbites.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/thanksgivingRecipes.jpg>

*I'm reposting this for 2012, updated with a bunch of new additions! Enjoy!*

I've had a few requests for some holiday recipes and while I haven't made
new ones this year, I have a bunch on the blog already that could use some
highlighting. If you haven't already planned out everything you're making
and still need a few ideas, here you go!

<http://balancedbites.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/cookingClassStrip_Holiday.jpg>

NEW! Thanksgiving Stuffing
Meatballs<http://balancedbites.com/2012/11/easy-recipe-thanksgiving-stuffing-meatballs-from-practical-paleo.html>-
these little gems from
*Practical Paleo <http://amzn.to/practicalpaleo>* are sure to be a crowd
pleaser as an appetizer, part of the main meal, or anytime of year. I'll
probably make these for the annual "Dip Party" my friends hold where
everything must come with a dipping sauce!

Butternut Squash
Soup<http://balancedbites.com/2010/11/easy-recipe-butternut-squash-soup.html>
-
this soup won over my grandpa last year, which is no small feat. While he's
not picky, he's not quick to comment on things tasting fantastic. He loved
this one and I know many of you have made it and loved it as well. This is
a great way to begin your holiday meal.

Grain-Free Sausage & Apple
Stuffing<http://balancedbites.com/2010/12/easy-recipe-grain-free-sausage-apple-holiday-dressing-or-stuffing.html>
-
AMAZING stuffing/dressing/whatever you want to call it. I make mine outside
of the bird to avoid any possible contamination or undercooking... I LOVE
this stuffing.

4 Easy Holiday Sides & Desserts
<http://balancedbites.com/2010/11/4-easy-recipes-healthy-holiday-desserts-sides.html>(download
all 4 recipes in one PDF<http://www.balancedbites.com/PDFs/holidayRecipes.pdf>
!)
Easy, healthy spins on some traditional favorites: *Chunky Cranberry Sauce
Carrot Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
Grain-Free Apple Crumble
Pumpkin Pie Custard*

Pumpkin Custard<http://balancedbites.com/2010/09/easy-recipe-pumpkin-custard-or-crustless-pumpkin-pie.html>
-
a delicious dessert alternative to pumpkin pie, especially nice for those
who can't eat the nut crusts typically included in a grain-free or Paleo
pumpkin pie.

Roasted Winter Squash with Coconut
Butter<http://balancedbites.com/2010/10/easy-recipe-roasted-winter-squash-with-coconut-butter.html>-
this one will surely please their palates and surprise them when it's
not
sweet potatoes and marshmallow but squash topped with a healthier, whole
food alternative. Topping baked or whipped sweet potatoes with coconut
butter is also amazing.

Grain Free Pumpkin
Muffins<http://balancedbites.com/2011/09/easy-recipe-grain-free-pumpkin-muffins.html>
-
a great treat for dessert or for breakfast if you find yourself with an
extra can or partial can of pumpkin!

NEW! Carrot Pumpkin Spice Muffins
<http://balancedbites.com/2012/10/easy-recipe-carrot-pumpkin-spice-muffins.html>
NEW! Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins from "Practical
Paleo."<http://balancedbites.com/2012/09/easy-recipe-pumpkin-cranberry-muffins-from-practical-paleo.html>

Sweet Potato Pancakes<http://balancedbites.com/2011/02/easy-recipe-sweet-potato-pancakes.html>
-
perfect as a side or to use up the extra sweet potatoes you didn't mash or
bake, or for breakfast the next morning.

NEW! Pumpkin Pancakes<http://balancedbites.com/2012/10/easy-recipe-pumpkin-pancakes-from-practical-paleo.html>-
perfect for a breakfast with leftover pumpkin.
*And, some of my favorites from other bloggers:*

The Food Lovers' Thanksgiving Recipes (a LOT of
them!)<http://www.primal-palate.com/2011/11/our-paleo-thanksgiving-recipes.html>

Nom Nom Paleo Turkey Day Menu
Ideas<http://nomnompaleo.com/post/13111115669/paleo-turkey-day-menu-ideas>

Everyday Paleo: Pumpkin
Pie<http://everydaypaleo.com/2010/11/15/thanksgiving-recipes-and-everyday-paleo-pumpkin-pie-cooking-demo/>
-
I made this last year but I used only 1/4 cup of sweetener. I think I used
maple syrup or 2 Tbsp of maple and 2 Tbsp of honey. This pie was delicious
with it's nutty crust!
  *Diane Sanfilippo <http://balancedbites.com/?author=1>* | November 19,
2012 at 4:30 pm | Categories: Easy
Recipes<http://balancedbites.com/?taxonomy=category&term=easy-recipes>,
Featured <http://balancedbites.com/?taxonomy=category&term=featured> | URL:
http://wp.me/p1iZpE-ie

 Comment<http://balancedbites.com/2012/11/holiday-recipe-roundup.html#respond>
   See all comments<http://balancedbites.com/2012/11/holiday-recipe-roundup.html#comments>

     Unsubscribe or change your email settings at Manage
Subscriptions<https://subscribe.wordpress.com/?key=c164cfb2263b8bca07b1be16bb26abdb&email=junekamerling53%40gmail.com>.

http://balancedbites.com/2012/11/holiday-recipe-roundup.html

--
*June Kamerling
Pilates, personal trainer, massage therapist*