From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 14:29:17 -0700
I made may last post without proofreading it.

> the "new" humans in some other fashion. I'm not

That statement should read: "new" primates.....

> incorrect in his assumptions. Maybe too much vitamin
> actually inhibits or reduces something else that

That should read: too much vitamin C actually
inhibits..

And while I'm at it, another possibility is that the
C-less mutations were forced to seek out new sources
of vitamin C, serving two purposes. It would have
"segregated" (isolated) them from their synthsizing
relatives, and it would have caused them to compete
with other species that ate vitamin C rich foods. This
in itself could have accelerated their evolution.