From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 22:15:23 -0500
Mary wrote:

> The "silver" fillings are 53% mercury and very toxic.

they are a mixture of silver, mercury and tin. The mercury leaches out
over a
period of time.

> Anyway, I also forgo the novocaine to the greatest extent possible.
>
> I wish I had known about paleo since day one and then we would not even have
> to worry about fillings.
>
> I'm also wondering how "paleo' the composite is as no one has ever given me
> a list of those ingredients. When they are putting in a filling they are
> always swabbing you with this or that substance and it makes me wonder, it
> smells horrific  but you can hardly talk and it is too late anyway, they
> have already done it.

they paint the tooth with hydrofluoric acid which causes fissures in
the enamel,
the fissures let the composite material stick better.

> When I take Larry in, I definitely do not let them do the fluroide nor any
> flavorings and next time I  will not even let them use pumice on him. I"m
> hoping he will have no more fillings as he is on paleo...
>
> My gums are very healthy from paleo.
>
> I think high carb/SAD diet  makes your gums chronically inflamed and puffy.

Yes. We have been feeding our dog basically a BARF diet for the past
several
years and he still has some visible tooth problems. His teeth are a
bit yellowed
(some of them anyway). He is about 5. I am not sure that paleo
completely takes
care of tooth decay, I agree that it does go a long way though. I find
that I
have a lot of calculus even though I do stick to paleo and the
calculus tends to
cause some inflammation and deep pockets :-(

--Richard