Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2008 21:22:35 -0600
Ashley Moran wrote:
> Hi
>
> I hate using foil and just discovered enamel baking trays.  It's
> better non-stick than teflon and looks pretty hard wearing.
>
> But since pretty much everything today releases some sort of deadly
> toxin, I wondered if there was any reason I shouldn't be using it?  I
> have better things to do with my life than scour steel cooking
> equipment but I try to avoid things that are outright poisonous.
> According to Wikipedia though, it's just melted glass powder.
>
> Thanks
> Ashley

This is Mercola take on it.

http://products.mercola.com/cast-iron-cookware/?aid=cd83

While one must keep in mind that mercola always has something sell, I
found his bit sufficiently interesting to start doing some research.
Right now I'm inclined to start converting all the families cookware to
this cast iron enamel cookware or glass.

Steve