From:
Judy Genova <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:17:56 EDT
Some tips for the squeamish:

One way I sneak beef  liver into my kids is to grind it up in a food
processor, and add it to meatloaf.  I have also found that if you marinate
the liver in either fresh lemon juice, or fresh ginger juice (take ginger
root, grate on ginger grinder, and gather gratings and squeeze....) for
several hours, it diminishes that "livery" flavor that some may find
objectionable.  Then its delicous quickly pan fried in some olive oil and
garlic.

I also find that my children will eat sauteed chicken livers and hearts for
breakfast, but don't much like beef liver.  They also love chopped broiled
chicken livers, mixed with hardboiled egg and sauteed onions (puree
everything into a paste).

Finally, one last way to get organs into the squeamish is by buying pates.  I
would have to take a second mortgage to finance my kids appetite for pates
and terrines.

I also put 25% dried  beef or venison liver jerky powder (homemade) into my
pemmican.  Unfortunately, my kids have uncovered my secret and won't eat it.

And while we are on the subject of organs, does anyone have a good way to
prepare beef kidneys?  Please e-mail me privately.

Cheers,

Judy Genova, cavegirl