Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 15:46:16 -0500
on 2/7/2001 1:10 PM, katy at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> I've heard if you don't get enough protein during childhood
> you may not achieve your full potential height.
> So if you've got the genes to be tall, but you don't get
> enough protein you may not become tall, in effect.

An important question is:

Is it a good thing to achieve the maximum height possible? I know that
people who have large/giant breed dogs have to be very careful about feeding
their pups because excessive bone growth can lead to severe skeletal
problems in later life.

I know that I have seen a TV report on the same type of problems in humans
who are exceptionally tall, but it was quite some time ago, and the
specifics are now unfortunately beyond the reach of my personal memory
retrieval system.

Irene