From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 14:43:29 -0400
On Wed, 13 May 1998, Damron, Mike (KYTC) wrote:

> Yes, a decrease in saturated fat while
> maintaining a starch-based diet will lower cholesterol and other
> markers, but I believe it was the starch, not the fat that was the
> culprit.

This appears to be true for some and false for others.  Remember
that Karsten Andersen's cholesterol went to 800 on an all-meat
diet.

I think it would be a great thing if we understood *why* people
can have such utterly different reactions to the same sort of
diet.  Unfortunately, hardly anybody is even asking this question
at the moment, so I suspect it will be some time before there are
any answers.

Todd Moody