From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 14:45:28 -0400
On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Richard Keene wrote:

> Seems to me that allergies are highly individual.  We on the Paleo diet
> try to claim that eating Paleo is good for everyone.  That may not be
> true.
> There may be people that are alergic to most of the things on a
> Paleo diet, and not alergic to grains. They might be better off on a
> food pyramid diet.  (Yikes Blasphemy!)

It certainly is interesting.  If we take the Neanderthin approach
at face value people should not be intolerant of red meats or
nuts.  I'm wondering if there is a pattern to this.  In
particular, I wonder if there is any correspondence to what is
predicted by the blood type theory.

Since this list is not for the purpose of discussing that theory,
I'd like to propose the following:  If you have good reason to
believe that you (or someone you know) has a clear intolerance
for a certain food, paleo or otherwise, e-mail me that
information plus your blood type *privately*, at [log in to unmask] .
I cross-check the information against D'Adamo's food lists and
summarize the results here.  It's not hard science but it could
be interesting.

Todd Moody