Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2007 18:15:45 -0700
Have you read Gary Taube's new book?

Interesting point made about 70% into the book.  If one takes an 800 calorie
diet that is 50% fat and 50% protein and adds 400 addition calories of carbs for
a total of 1200 calories a day, 1 in 100 people will successfully lose 40
pounds.  If you instead add an additional 400 calories of fat and protein to the
initial 800 calories to get 1200 calories of fat and protein, 50 out of 100
people will successfully lose 40 lbs.  When it comes to calories, metabolism,
and satiation, a calorie is not a calorie is not a calorie.

But again, Gary likes paleo.  It's processed carbs he doesn't like and it's
health myths he finds unsound, like saturated fat causes heart disease and pasta
is a healthy part of a balanced diet.

Steve

--

Steve - [log in to unmask]

Take World's Smallest Political Quiz at
http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html

"If a thousand old beliefs were ruined on our march
to truth we must still march on." --Stopford Brooke