From:
Deborah Birkett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 12:26:55 -0500
Lorenzo asked, possibly rhetorically (I'm not sure):
>Who eats Nasturtiums?

my reply:

I've actually eaten nasturtiums and pansies and at least one other kind of
flower that I can't remember. I have not thought about edible flowers for
over a year, and not at all since I started eating paleo about eight months
(and sixty-five pounds!) ago. I have a large number and wide-ranging
variety of food allergies and a very limited and incredibly boring diet as
a result. Suddenly I am excited by the (extremely far-off) prospect of
spring and the blooming of edible flowers.

I don't recall them being discussed on this list since I joined in April.
Does anyone know of good sources for information on edible flowers? I'd
love to see nutritional analyses of such flowers. I'm interested in any
information anyone has on the subject.

thanks,
Deborah