From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 22:41:09 +0900
On Saturday, August 16, 2003, at 08:32  PM, Paula H. wrote:

> Tom,  Could you have a yeast overgrowth problem causing the gas?
>
> Paula H.

Seems unlikely, my sugar intake is pretty low most of the time. When I
first went low carb 2 years ago, a lot of gut complaints cleared up
really fast, that was probably yeast, by the symptoms. Since then, if I
go heavy into sugar for a few days some of those symptoms start to come
back. I haven't noticed anything like that now.

For now I am going to keep track of those foods that seem to make it
worse. Peanuts is one that seems clear, another is tea made from raw
tea leaves ground to powder. I think I was overdoing the tea, and the
powder may be annoying to the gut. I cut that out yesterday, and today
am a lot better. Tea made with boiling water and a tea bag seems OK.
Maybe tea isn't paleo after all, and needs to be cooked?