From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 23:46:16 -0800
one more illustration of first hand experience of the struggle with drug
promises.

( in answer to the preceding forwarded post from an other list)
jean-claude

...oh my gosh ive often wondered the exact same thing....when my pituitary
was
removed....i lost the ability to produce sex hormones....so i went thru
menopause and have taken estrogen/proestrogen for 6 years now....my OB/GYN
suggested HRT for the same reasons you mentioned......plus he said it would
protect against heart disease....i have read the same
articles/studies/etc....and often wondered if this is a catch 22...frankly
i dont get it...if the doses we are taking are replacement....vs
extraneous...then why are these women having the problems they are....ie
cancer...cant they make a better drug? my mom went thru 'natural' menopause
and has never taken HRT...and doesnt feel she needs it...plus she is
incredibly healthy for her age....without any of the problems these drugs
are supposed to protect us against....my new endo didnt comment on the fact
that im taking HRT.....but i did want to bring it up...at least get her
opinion..also her husband is an OB/GYN in practice with her.....please let
me know anything you find out :)