Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 2009 15:30:17 -0400
 From the Greek παλαιός, palaios, "old"; and λίθος, lithos, "stone".

I know what a monolith is, so it follows that a paleolith is an old stone.
I defer to someone who knows Greek to opine as to whether paleolithic
means stony, stone-like, stoned or whatever.
Inquiring minds need to know.

I agree that the term 'Paleo Diet' *should* refer to WOE during the time
period between 2.5 million years ago up until the introduction of
agriculture and the end of the  Pleistocene around 10 000 BC. However
there is some danger of confusion with thepaleolithicdiet.com/ and The
Paleo Diet  as defined by the ubiquitous troll Loren Cordain.

Padraig seems to have been seduced by Wrongham. Pity.

William