Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2010 12:00:03 -0400
theta wrote:
> Two perspectives on this.

IMHO, we already have the rhinoviruses in our tissues in a
> more-or-less dormant state and then they just gain headway and
> strengthen causing the symptoms.  tend to let minor colds have their
> way with me.
>
> Second perspective is to use some "natural" remedy.
>
> Back to the acceptance of the cold: when the detox is done, I usually
>  feel much better and healthier (since I've shed a lot of toxins).
> This is one reason that I tend to prefer to "suffer" a cold and let
> it run its course.  If I nip it in the bud, it leaves toxins in the
> body that, ultimately, reduce my vitality and energy.  I've learned
> to treat the cold as a pathway to continued better health, rather
> than condemn it as an affliction.

A third perspective is from the observation that viruses (virii?) come
from the interaction of the solar wind with a planet or comet that has
passed between the Earth and Sun. This is why they spread across the
whole Earth.
A high fat raw diet is so effective at coping with this that most of us
who eat (what I think is) paleo should show no reaction.

"Treating" a cold with pills and potions as if there is something wrong
just makes more symptoms and confuses.

William