From:
"Day, Wally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2010 17:34:35 -0600
>Forgive me for seeming flippant. It is not my intention at all.  But seeing how the mortality rate remains at 100 >percent

Reminds me of "Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyways." supposedly attributed to George Burns.

>I believe the ultimate human diet is one that is high fat, moderate protein, and very low carbohydrate for most >of the year. It of course avoids all Neolithic foods and might healthfully involve limited low glycemic, high fiber >carbohydrates in season.

Although I tend to agree in principle Jim, I do have a question for you. I know you keep you protein level fairly low because (can't recall the author's name - maybe I need to increase my omega-3s :) states that over a certain threshold protein can be converted to sugar/carbs and mess up fat metabolism.. However, what about the bodybuilders and athletes who regularly eat hundreds of grams of protein every day? Most of them have fat levels below 10%. Why do you think their metabolism's work so well when they obviouly cross over that protein ceiling? (I ask because I just read about Michael Phelp's mind-blowing training diet).