From:
Esben Grønborg Brun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 21:37:06 +0100
I also bought some natural  honeycomb with honey in it   (heather-honey) -
which I served it at a christmas party  (with a "stone-age menu")

Everyone loved the honeycomb  - I did  too.  I was surprised that the wax wasnt unpleasant to eat -
the amount of wax was  much smaller than you would expect. And the texture was even pleasing.

I was told be the seller that it is a seasonal product - only for sale in December.

I really dont know how the bees store the pollen.  It is in the form of small dry pellets (1-3mm), with varying colours - black, brown, red, orange, yellow.

I have seen honeycomb for sale  with bee-larvae in it (immersed in liquid honey)
but  I havent tasted that (yet).

Esben