From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:34:02 +0000
On Feb 22, 2008, at 3:58 am, Trish wrote:

> I definitely think so. In my family on my father's side, obesity is
> high,
> however, they do not eat poorly, or overmuch.  My aunt, for example,
> weighs
> nearly 300 pounds, and has been on an atkins-like diet for almost
> more years
> than I can remember, and I am 40. Extremely low carb, no sugars, but
> can't
> loose the weight. She is very active, swims, walks 5-6 miles a day.
> It's
> mostly the females that are like this.  Also, for what it's worth,
> most of
> the women on my father's side also have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
> They
> are doing genetic research on my family because of the high rate of
> PCOS and
> obesity. At least one female in every generation seems to have PCOS,
> and the
> obesity, going back to my great-great-great grandmother. Currently,
> I have
> PCOS, my cousin has PCOS, my Aunt has PCOS, and my daughter seems to
> have
> PCOS, along with the tendency for obesity which is a life-long
> issue.  It's
> really very interesting. But I also think that if one eats bad food,
> they
> will become obese, too.

The real question is - would they have developed PCOS eating a paleo
diet from birth?  There are plenty of things that can go wrong with
you that won't disappear the moment you take away the cause, they are
a sort of permanent damage.

My family is pretty much the exact opposite, I'm 99% certain food
intolerance has taken a shotgun to our adrenals and most of us have no
chance of getting fat, we look borderline anorexic.  (Well, I've fixed
the diet and I work out now to try and restore some sort ofexternal
fitness, but internally I'm still all mashed up.)

Ashley