From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 11:14:57 -0800
Hi Philip and paleopeople,

Thank you again for more suggestions. I am learning a lot!

>You're bunions and RLS indicate the imbalance is likely too large to be
>quickly remedied by dietary change.

Nevertheless, I would like to avoid supplements and cure my maladies
the paleo way.
I don't trust supplements. Who can really know what they are made from?
I don't think they are paleo. I like to put things in my mouth that I
know more or less what they are or what they contain.
Vitamins/minerals present a mystery to me. A lot of supplements are
made of soy.
How would paleowoman cure her bunions and RLS? (Not that she would
develop them in the first place)....
I only get RLS when I eat. If I don't eat before I have to sit for
extended periods of time, I don't get RLS.
So, I think it is something in the food. Sometimes I get it from
pesticides in fruit (or the fruit itself?)
I get it after I eat pemmican. Could it be too much meat? fat? grains
in the meat? I am able to eat only eat wild meat and fish.
I hope you don't mind all the questions. You have done very well with
answers so far...!

>People often
>don't realize they have bunions until they experience pain from them,
>but the underlying process was likely developing for years before the
>first pain.

I have been eating paleo since 1998 or so.... so is my body saying to
me that I should've become a vegan?
I am paleoperplexed. I went on the diet to STOP degeneration so where
do I go from here? Could I be allergic to wild meat? Here is a page:
http://www.labspec.co.za/l_meat.htm#Elk

Thank you again for some great paleo information!

Paleobest,
Susan