From:
Tracy Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2009 09:41:58 -0500
There's another forum with info if you're interested,
http://zerocarbforlife.com/

I eat this way. I was used to a very low carb diet to begin with so had
no problem with adaptation (aka Induction Flu for those familiar with
Atkins or other low carb WOE's). Some people find they feel crappy for a
week or so when they drop carbs, some don't.

Vitamin C seems to be a non-issue, regardless of organ consumption. Some
of the inuit Stefansson stayed with did not eat organ meats, or much raw
meat/fish (some did - all are different, there is no one Inuit diet,
depends on their location and available resources) and had no incidence
of scurvy. Glucose and Vit C molecules compete (are antagonistic), with
glucose winning out over Vit. C for entry into the cells - meaning the
more glucose in the system (ie carbohydrate foods), the less Vit C that
will be taken up. It's not so much what you take in, as how your body is
able to use what you take in.

Lard is fine, but if you want tallow consider asking a butcher, farmer,
or even the meat counter at your grocer for their fat trimmings and
render it yourself. Really, really good!

I don't know if you've read Taubes, but he states that “animal products
contain all the amino acids, minerals and vitamins essential for health,
with the only point of controversy being vitamin C. And the evidence
suggests that the vitamin C content of meat products is more than
sufficient for health, as long as the diet is indeed
carbohydrate-restricted, with none of the refined and easily digestible
carbohydrates and sugars that would raise blood sugar and insulin levels
and so increase our need to obtain vitamin C from the diet”.

BTW the forum you mentioned isn't Bear's forum - Bear doesn't do the
online thing anymore :) As far as his health goes...I don't know if any
diet could compensate for decades of LSD use or pot smoking, esp with
The Dead!

Tracy