From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2012 17:45:10 -0500
The point was that the link I cited in my first post described recent evidence showing that certain  tools etc. in North America  had been dated to between 19,000 to 26,000 years ago, and were purported to be of European origin.  The Mesolithic era seems to be flexible depending on the relevant region etc., but started no later than 20,000 years ago or so, according to reports. So, this is palaeolithic-era evidence.

Geoff.

"
The oldest current estimates I can find is between 14,000-15,000 years ago. I believe that predates the Mesolithic by a pretty good margin. "