Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 18:13:19 -0700
>> Then, smart Don said *Did you ask if we could live on it???  That's a really
>> decent rent!!!*  ;-)  I said *Great idea!  I didn't think of that!! ;-))  We
>> could more easily protect it if we lived on it.  Hey, we could invite all
>> our friends too--all the Paleo folks!!!*  We thought of a bunch of you guys
>> & gals!!  Brilliant idea!!  Hey, we could hunt, fish, harvest fruit (okay,
>> maybe plant some fruit trees and....... maybe if a whole bunch of us gave
>> them money we could.....
>
>The libertarian approach to environmentalism - it's nice to see some
>other people on this list who respect and admire nature but NOT at the
>expense of hating humanity, which is the tree-huggers' not-so-hidden
>agenda.
>
>Cheers!
>Jade

Tree-huggers do not "hate humanity". We just don't think we humans are the
be-all and end-all of evolution or that we are not god's gift to Earth. We
know we need trees and not just trees on tree farms and in parks and in the
livingroom at xmas. We need trees and animals and grass and bugs and... we
need them all, preferably in the settings nature intended.

I suggest that those who fear tree huggers (who are, after all, in the
minority) peruse "Ishmael" by Daniel Quinn.  And consider hugging a tree
hugger--they're fighting Monsanto, Archer-Danies-Midland, the Dept of
Agriculture and many, many more capitalist backed organizations... and
they're doing it for us all.

Debby
in Albuquerque
where trees are rare