From:
Bill Wilcox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2009 06:59:48 -0400
There are also oxidants and anti-nutrients in plant based foods.  Unlike
animals, which have legs and can get away, plants are stuck in one
place.  And just like animals, plants don't want to be eaten.  They have
developed natural defenses, toxins, which have mostly been bred out of
modern vegetables and fruits, but they are still there.  The fruits we
eat today have been bred to have way too much sugar, fructose, which has
been show to be much worse than table sugar.