From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Feb 2012 00:29:12 -0800
And I am just curious how many Hebrew scholars you have actually sat and listened to?  Or was this a quote you found on Google to prove your point?

Because I have actually had the privilege of learning from some of those same scholars, in person.  And yep, the King James has its flaws from translation into English, as do many other forms of "scholarly works" from one language to another.  If you truly know this tidbit of information you bestowed upon us, then you should also know that "we" (as in many Christians) probably know this, along with many other "facts"; like the manna from heaven may not actually have been bread, as we know it.  And that's just to name one.  If you truly knew what you were talking about whilst assuming "we" don't, you wouldn't be taking such issue with "us".  Because you would already know that some of  "us" have a "little bit of schoolin'"; even with dem dar Hebrew-speakin' kinda dudes.  (The word got out behind our one-room schoolrooms and the barn that the English translation is a bit lacking.)

And this may just get me booted off this list, but I need to say that Ray's "explaination" of Christianity was condescending, off-base, and downright rude.  And very unbecoming for a man of "science ie intelligence".  I seem to remember quite a few times here when someone has totally disagreed with him about one thing or another, but yet I don't remember anyone treating his beliefs so badly and with utter disrespect.  At least not in print.  And with that, I will cease and desist for now.  (Busy studying for my PhD so as to give me some credibility here...).

Love,
Bren, a bit disgusted

>Most Hebrew scholars will say that "In the beginning of God's creation of
the heaven and earth" is a more accurate translation.
The second translation indicates a longer time span.
-David