From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 07:58:45 -0400
On Wed, 5 Jul 2000 13:27:57 -0400, Wally Ballou <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>*I* certainly wasn't offended by your statement, but your INTENTION to
>offend was quite clear.

Please don't take it as an attempt to offend, more as an invitation to
think. I think it's best to be concious about the things we do and put
into our mouth. Why not know, what happens to the eyes of the cow?

I feel shudder and disgust, as some of you probable too.
For me it's "the" reason not to eat .. animal leg.
But on the other hand i can't condemn or even critizise anyone who
eats a whole animal - like a inuit or aborigine.
Personal choice.

>  No, I don't eat brains, or eyes, or raw liver,
>but that's not part of my cultural background.  Neither do I eat snails,
>ants, worms, or grasshoppers, yet I recognize that some find them tasty,
>and they are certainly good sources of nutrition.

Well I ate  a brain (i think it was), raw liver, snails.
As a nutritional source this is good in some aspects, even the best in some.
That's not the only point of view.

>I suppose that you eat cultivated mushrooms...   do you know what they
>GROW those in???

Hehe chamignons grow in horse-"apples" (horse-shit).
I find chamignon acceptable in taste (and horseapple in smell btw).

Best mushrooms are those collected wild - really. Like boletus and
chanterelle. Some are Uncultivatable.

Many grow on straw, with good taste. Which i find only acceptable on
non-pesticide (organic) straw.

Some grow out of wood. Nice idea to be able to eat wood. And tasty.

Cheers

Amadeus