Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:20:34 -0500
on 2/2/2001 10:03 AM, Amadeus Schmidt at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> This is my first encounter with Kellog,
> but I can't see what this had to do with nutrition?
> The topics presented here are quite different.

Dr Kellogg understood that a diet high in grains/carbs affects mood. He used
to demonstrate this by feeding wolves a grain diet (like modern kibble), and
then demonstrating how docile they became to convince people that they would
be happier as grain eaters. Not sure if he overtly states anywhere that a
high grain/carb diet for humans suppresses libido, but it's the effect he
was looking for.

Irene