Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:32:09 -0400
------------------------------

S.B. Feldman:  THIS IS AN INGUINAL HERNIA ---IN THE GROIN ; ALSO UMBILICAL HERNIA---AT THE
BELLY-BUTTON---THESE ARE NOT RELATED TO DIET/MEALS/NUTRITION----THE PROBLEM
IS MOST OFTEN CONGENITAL FOR INGUINAL HERNIAS.>>

Although I wholeheartedly agree that umblilical hernias are congenital, although I have
never had one, I know that someone who had one who found that a grain and bean based diet,
which caused a lot of flatulence, exacerbated the problem.  From what I have read, the
Shouldice Method of hernia repair has possibly the most effective repair method due to the
way the way the mesh screen is sewn into the fascia...if someone has a hernia in need of
repair, the internet lists information on this method.

Rachel