From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2007 10:48:18 -0400
> studies wolf family relationships.  She spoke about the absolute need to
> understand pack dynamics, alpha animals, etc. before working w/ wolves.

Talking about wolves - just last night I was lying on a rock outcrop in th
middle of a hydro tower line by myself (my friend had went on to hike
further) when, at the left edge of the forest, out broke a loping wolf. He
loped right straight in front of me (about 80 feet downslope from me), right
across the hydro cut (which is about 500 feet wide). Wow!! This actually has
been the 3rd wolf we have seen there this year (a pair in May). We have
never seen them up there before and have been visiting the area now for
about 7 years. We are avid animal watchers..

Marilyn